Thursday, April 18, 2013

NC Livin'


It is crazy how our plans don’t always align with Heavenly Father’s plans. Things were going great in AZ… Elliot was working for the bank and we had just gotten approved for a loan for a house! We were both so excited to finally move into a home! Then we started praying about it. We felt like it wasn’t the right time and Heavenly Father had something else in mind for us. Elliot brought up the possibility of moving to North Carolina to work for his dad’s new business. I was hesitant at first because of what a huge change it would be. We started praying about it and it felt like the right thing to do for both of us. Elliot put in his 2 weeks notice at the bank and moved to North Carolina. I was still in az coaching a volleyball team. The plan was for me to finish out the season while Elliot worked in NC and flew back ever couple of weeks to see us. Ya , that didn’t last very long. Westen missed his daddy and I could not handle being a way from Elliot for that long. I was able to find a coach to take over for me and we moved to NC. It has been an adjustment. I love it here though. I’ve never lived in a prettier place… The weather has been awesome too. I love having Westen so close to Elliot’s family. Westen’s great-great grandma is still alive and great grand parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles ect live right here close to us. I love it. I’d be lying if I said it has been easy here though. I have never been faced with so many trials in my entire life. It seems like they have been coming one right after another. I know it is for our good and it has been Heavenly Father’s plan all along. I can tell how it has shaped both Elliot and I into something better. It is crazy how that works. Isn’t that why we are here, to be tried and tested? I start to feel overwhelmed with all that has been going on, and then I realize that I wouldn’t be given all of these experiences if Heavenly Father didn’t think I could handle them. That knowledge helps me to look at the bigger picture and realize more fully how much he loves us and wants us to be like him so that we could live with him again someday. 

No comments: