Friday, May 18, 2012

1 year older and wiser too

Last night we had some friends over for Elliot's birthday. We ordered Barro's Pizza and I made an Oreo ice cream cake with white chocolate ganache frosting! Yum... It was a big hit! I think this one was better than the reese's one because it wasn't all chocolate. 

 I woke up this morning and made Elliot a birthday breakfast of his favorite- scrambled eggs, bacon, and fruit. I was going to make blueberry muffins, which he loves, but I got up too late. So this had to do.
I got Elliot a couple pairs of basketball shorts, 4 new shirts, some comfy nike socks that he loves, and a nice jump rope to help him work out. Westen got him a red tie and a matching one for Westen along with a picture frame that said "I want to be like you" with pictures of Westen in a basketball outfit, Sunday outfit etc. Tonight We are going to go to all the places that he gets something for his birthday. I got most of the ideas from this website. - http://thefrugalgirls.com/birthday-freebies  

2 comments:

Dustin & Kylee Nickerson said...

Can I put an order in for that Oreo cake?!? That looked Awesome!!! Sounds like someone was spoiled for his birthday!

Heather Sanders said...

Haha I just saw this! Oh it was delicious!! Making another one for fathers day! Yum